Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Bringing customers on the same page

Bringing a common understanding among customers who will be distributed around the country or the world is as valuable as bringing a common understading among your team members.

I assume you know the value of bringing customers together to talk to each other and share ideas. I am not going to go into the benefits of that. I am going to talk about how to make it happen more often, effectively with less money.

Bringing customers together is normally done via conferences, which are expensive and time consuming affairs. Web 2.0 technology based Collaboration and community tools have addressed the problem effectively.

Last week I started a community site for a select group of customers and posted product requirements in the site. In today's web conference I encouraged all customers to go there edit the requirements document (not just comment on the document). I am not sure how the group is going to respond. But I am going to try until they start to collaborate.

I had success with internal team members and I am confident of succees with customer collaboration as well.

This is the real test.

Tools used: We use Jive Clearspace for cusotomer communities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...